Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Instilling Values and Beliefs in Kids

There are so many important things we want to teach our children.  How do we monitor what we are doing to make sure we are setting the right example, or handing situations in such a way that fosters these beliefs, and values in our children?  It is so hard to gauge.  You know, there are two sides to every story.  How do I know that the side of the story or the value I am working on instilling is really sinking in or that he is interpreting the situation the same way??  They say to be consistent in your actions.  I try I really do but some times different actions call for different reactions.  I know, I am probably over thinking this a bit but, that is what I do.  I want to be a good parent as I'm sure many moms/dads do.  Again, a written manual to this thing called parenthood would be helpful.

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment